Personal Style Blogger - Fashion Blogger - Photography Blogger - Thrift Blogger - Atlanta Style Fashion Blogger

Saturday, April 16, 2016

blame it on the television




jacket - Romwe // top - secondhand (gifted) // scrunchy - African Beauty Store // shoes - Urbanog

Today is good and I feel like talking about hair and things. First off, I love having colored hair, it's like a mood ring or something. I'm ready to try pink. I've been obsessed with pink lately it's so odd, I keep buying pink nail-polish and t-shirts and dresses and books, I don't know what my deal is but it's like my aesthetic now. I even wore pink lipstick which is a no-no for me because it usually looks like the opposite of good, but now it's like...I need it.  

I remember being selectively anti-pink as a kid. I was a tomboy, but I think generally I hated it 'cause it wasn't cool to like pink, since pink was/is associated with girls and girlhood, and it wasn't (and still is not) considered "cool" to be a girl, particularly in my circle of suburban neighborhood friends who were all boys. so I suppose I internalized society's patriarchal values in that way. even though I knew I liked the color at least sometimes. Maybe I'm making up for it now. 

But anyway, at the moment my hair is in it's normal 4a-c afro glory and I'm lovin it. I was about to cut off like 4 inches last night out of boredom but then I thought hmmm I'd better not. 

ok I'm going to be a legit college student and actually do some work so,

Enjoy your weekend!

13 comments:

  1. Such a babe <3
    www.britishmermaid.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tooootally relate to this. I was also such a tomboy and despiiiisssseeeddddd pink and most likely because of the same reasons. That makes me so mad because I freakin' love pink now!!! It's so sad that these gender stereotypes are so pressed on us to the point it makes us not want to like something..y'know? Anyways, pink would look soooo good, man!!! These pictures are way cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! It's really sad and I have such a disdain for it. Pink is the best! And thanks!! :)

      Delete
  3. Totally in love with your outfit, badass look and love your hair so much!


    www.ismurfshion.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a good look! Loving the shirt and socks together!

    heart-autumn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow!!!! I love your style! truly speechless

    www.rshanphonsi.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. You pull off red hair so easily! Love your socks xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Girl you know I always love your hair, it's so red I love it.
    This outfit is lit, like and your boots..donr get me started.
    Hope school is going well
    Itsdivadiaries.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a faaaaaav ! LOVE LOVE LOVE

    xx

    www.caetera-moda.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete