Personal Style Blogger - Fashion Blogger - Photography Blogger - Thrift Blogger - Atlanta Style Fashion Blogger

Friday, April 29, 2016

he swore it on the Bible



dress - Civvies // backpack - Burlington // shoes - Wet Seal 

I was on my way to a fashion show and lucky for me the dress code was all black. Apparently my socks and backpack didn't get the memo but I mean whatever. I've learned to accept my fashion mishaps, because in the grand scheme of things, all that really matters is me eating Chinese food while watching Gilmore Girls on Netflix. Back to the fashion show tho. It was great! And was put together by a student designer who wanted to incorporate her Nigerian roots into her collection, as well as Dubai and the city of Savannah where the fashion show was held. I'll include photos in a photo diary maybe, The energy was great and the food...I miss it. 



Also I feel the need to discuss Beyonce's Lemonade a lil' bit. It honestly inspires me and changes my life on the daily. I've cried many healing tears watching and hearing the soul-clenching cinematography and lyrics of Lemonade as a whole, not to mention Warsan Shire's poetry which was so needed.

you are terrifying
and strange and beautiful
 like yes!!! we are!! 
It makes me proud to be apart of such a sisterhood of black woman who have created so much beauty from adversity on this earth. I have so much love for Warsan and Beyonce. I'm pretty sure I'm devastated I'm not able to see Bey on tour right now but it hasn't hit me yet. gosh.



Okay
I wish you all love and a great weekend, bye!

25 comments:

  1. you slay in all black <3 so fab as always girl!!
    britishmermaid.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. You looked so nice, and that dress looks so comfortable. Oh when it comes to the whole Lemonade phase, I haven't actually had the time to sit down and watch everything just yet..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I hope you get some free time because it's such a powerful body of work and I'm sure you'll love it! Let me know when you watch/listen to it! :)

      Delete
  3. What happened to the red hair?!!! Lemonade video is epic. so feisty.

    www.stephylately.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! It took a break but it always comes back. Atm my hair is some weird color I can't put in words. And yes Lemonade is epic fr fr!

      Delete
  4. Love the dress and backpack: I think it's a cool look for a fashion show ;)
    xx

    Eli

    www.acurlystyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this beautiful LBD on you!
    -Kyanna
    http://kyannajames.com/?p=593

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely post! You look amazing.
    Have a great day ! :)

    https://dajanaerd.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooo that dress is so cool with the crossings in the front, you look so pretty!! And Lemonade...no words, so great.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look amazing. Also Lemonade is incredible. What are your favourite songs on the album? I love Freedom and All Night :) x
    http://nxha.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you love! Freedom is so powerful it's also a fave of mine!! I feel like I'll end up naming the whole album lol but to keep it short I also love Daddy Lessons, and Don't Hurt Yourself is so good!

      Delete
  9. I love that yellow bag!!! But yes, Lemonade oh my gosh sooooo beautiful! I was never really into Beyonce, but after hearing and watching it, I completely understand the hype.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes Lemonade is beautiful!! Happy you watched it! :)

      Delete
  10. Love that bag, and yes so much power in Lemondae, touched on so so many issues-forever a relevant body of work!

    www.the9thsol.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, and yes most definitely!

      Delete
  11. I love everything about this outfit and everything about this post! When Bey read those words from Warsan that I have cried many tears to on long, hard nights, I stilled completely. I relate to that poem by Warsan so hard because I've always felt I was difficult to love, but through her words, I also learned that that fact doesn't make me less deserving. Anyway, great post and I miss youuuuu!

    http://www.theindiebyline.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lovely friend!! You deserve all the love in the world. And I miss you too!! <3 <3

      Delete
  12. Your stare is piercing! I love it!


    - Seyra x
    http://www.pavementsarerunways.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. You're confidently beautiful with a heart and that's what make you even more amazing. I love these shots! <3

    xoxo,
    SHAIRA // New Post

    ReplyDelete
  14. All black for the win everytime, well this is a prompt now to go listen and watch lemonade.
    Itsdivadiaries.com

    ReplyDelete