Personal Style Blogger - Fashion Blogger - Photography Blogger - Thrift Blogger - Atlanta Style Fashion Blogger

Friday, June 17, 2016

Love isn't Blind

No offense but love is not blind. The term "love is blind" is one I've always rejected because I find no real truth in it. If you love someone and they are blurring your vision/if they are covering your line of sight if they are making you feel like less, then they don't love you (meaning - from the identity that they've chosen - they can't. it isn't full therefore it shrivels up or destroys or whatever the case). Love is a two way street and can't live within deficiency like it just won't survive and it won't thrive in that because it is nurturing and transformative and good.  If you aren't being loved in that way then you are being "loved" from a lacking, but love is excess and it envelopes and uplifts, if you are being shown something different you are not being shown truth. If you're being "loved" in bits and pieces then what does that say about them? You know what love is and you know how to give it (in excess) especially as a woman, if you're getting any less than that don't convince yourself that it has meaning. You aren't blind, you simply know how it's meant to operate and when someone is not operating in the same way as you, you try even harder to show them truth and you love them even harder, and even still you hope they will operate as you would by being committed, trustworthy, real, affectionate etc. , but you shouldn't. They don't want what you have to give, can't handle it, and don't deserve it. You deserve it (you give it).

To me "Love is blind" puts the focus - and even sometimes the blame - on the person who is loving deficiency while the deficient one is not dealt with. I understand the term in certain contexts truly I do but I don't necessarily believe in it. So that's all really. If you have any thoughts about this let me know!

Also it was raining when these were taken, I couldn't see like at all but I was so happy. I wanted to stay outside all day but one of my favorite things to do when it rains is sit extremely close to my tv, cover myself in a blanket and watch Pride and Prejudice. I can never get enough of that movie and I find myself living vicariously through Elizabeth - at least in terms of where Mr. Darcy is concerned. 


 

dress - Ross


Talk to you all soon <3

9 comments:

  1. Just to put in my two cents, I don't believe in love - at least not in this very moment plus my opinion is based on people around me as well as my relationships. I'd rather be alone than trying to find my 'soulmate' and that's perfectly fine by me.
    I'm in love with your dress, so perfectly structured plus it looks gorgeee on ya bod girl. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel you girl. The love and comfort I always craved/asked for/needed from former boyfriends I have never gotten. I only received it from my friendships and family so I'm kinda with you loll. It's time for me to revisit the idea of being a nun tbqh.
      And omg thank youuu <3

      Delete
  2. You do make some good points, when love is blind to certain key things that is not love at all. Ex. if you have to change your self for the worst and not the better, that is not love. However, when you find that person, you will know. I was that person that did not believe in love, cause in my 30 years I never found that person until now. Love I am a different person for the better. It shall come, just be patient.
    http://www.sincerelymissj.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for sharing that, I'm happy you found love - that's beautiful! And thank you. <3

      Delete
  3. I see the saying "Love Is Blind" as a figurative term than anything. I have seen and been in situations where I knew that what was going on was not love. But because I was trying to convince myself otherwise I thought maybe that is what love is supposed to feel. Sometimes it is not easy admitting that it is not love but something else. Great post dear.
    www.sindisosdiary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah when it's love you'll know, and won't have to convince yourself of it (generally speaking); it will be subtle or overwhelming but it will still be there. But thank you for sharing that, bless <3

      Delete
  4. This was sincerely a great read! Love is not blind!( speaking from a woman's point of view) your are exactly right. We naturally give in excess and try to heal sometimes a love that is not kind and not worthy of the love we give. I think the lesson here is to be strong and know what you deserve!

    www.The9thSol.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Babe you look incredible!!!!!! These photos are too good to be true, they are seriously beautiful, and so are you! Your hair is SO fabulous, love it so much!!!! Xx

    http://theemasphere.com/

    ReplyDelete