Personal Style Blogger - Fashion Blogger - Photography Blogger - Thrift Blogger - Atlanta Style Fashion Blogger

Friday, June 16, 2017

What's old is new again

  The Powersuit

So I'm back from Hong Kong! more on that later :) I've been into power dressing and suits lately as I've been studying different eras in fashion - from ancient Sumerian times to the Renaissance and onto to the the 70's, 80's, 90's and early 00's. I get endless inspiration from them all, but I was really obsessed with the 70's and 80's in regards to women's suits.

 
  I like how inspiration can be a bit indirect and spontaneous, or purposeful and specific. I think I was indirectly inspired in this case to wear a suit when I decided to go into my mom's closet and try something on I felt would be bold - not really intending to wear a suit. but once I had it on I couldn't help but think of all ways my mom styled this sucker in the 90's. Then I began to think of Bianca Jagger's wardrobe from the 70's, and literally every 80's blazer womankind has ever adorned. Dressing boldly is so interesting and underestimated, I think it's fun to do it in a personal way instead of relying on trends to make an outfit unique - implementing old trends + new trends, whatever, and honoring if it's your style and you feel comfortable in it is a really powerful part of fashion.  it's safe to say I plan to wear a lot more suits in the near future. 


    

6 comments:

  1. This outfit is actually incredbile! Love the muted green colour and your boots :)
    Feel free to check out my latest post x
    LOOK LOVE WEAR

    ReplyDelete
  2. Obsessed with suits at the moment, this one is sooo good. Love how you've styled it.

    X EDP-FASHION

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just found your blog and am in loooove with your style!
    Following you via bloglovin and instagram now! Keep up the great inspiration :)

    xx, rebecca
    rbcmrm.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much love, I so appreciate the support! <3

      Delete